AI Secure Biometrics | Michelle Gilbertsen| August 06, 2019
Gartner recently published an article listing the top 7 security risk and trends of 2019. The article is based on a presentation by a chief information security officer of a national transportation system. These security risks and trend are said to focus on the continuous “strategic shifts” in the security ecosystem that are yet to be recognized globally.
As stated in the article, the trends are:
- Leading SRM leaders are creating pragmatic risk appetite statements linked to business outcomes to engage their stakeholders more effectively.
- There is renewed interest in implementing or maturing security operations centers (SOCs) with a focus on threat detection and response.
- Leading organizations are utilizing a data security governance framework to prioritize data security investments.
- “Passwordless” authentication is achieving market traction, driven by demand and the availability of biometrics and strong hardware-based authentication methods.
- Security product vendors are increasingly offering premium services to help customers get more immediate value and to assist in skills training.
- Leading organizations are investing in and maturing their cloud security competency as it becomes the mainstream computing platform.
- The strategic CARTA approach to security is starting to appear in more traditional security markets.
These trends depict positive signs of imminent opportunities for further innovation and development of voice biometric technology. Most notably, trends four and six accurately describes the patterns of where cybersecurity is heading. As more focus is placed on security, old methods such as knowledge-based authentications like passwords and security questions are no longer viable. These types of authentications require information that is “something you know”. However, one of its limitations is that other people can also obtain this information, creating a security risk. The other options are “something you have” and “something you are”. The former can also pose security risks as something that you have, such as a USB security key, can be easily misplaced or stolen. This leaves us with “something that you are”, which are biometric data. Coupled with multi-factor authentication, biometric authentication such as voice biometrics is most desirable among security leaders.
AI Secure Biometrics Capabilities
As a world leader in voice biometric technology, AI Secure Biometrics continually works to develop leading technology market options for voice biometric that provides users with seamless user experiences and enhanced security. Digital identity enrollment and verification via voice prints provide stronger authentication that is harder to break and manipulate. Further, these voice biometric capabilities can be securely implemented either on premise or via the cloud.